Nepal is a landlocked country located in the Himalayas in South Asia. It includes part of the Indian Gangetic Plain with an estimated population of 26.4 million. It is surrounded by China in the north and India in the southeast and west. It is 27 km(17 miles) from Bangladesh and it is near to Sikkim and Bhutan. Nepal is a Diverse Geography including fertile plains and subalpine forested hills and has eight of the world's ten tallest mountains. Mount Everest is the highest point on earth located in the Khumbu Region of Nepal. Kathmandu is the capital city and Nepali is the official language. Nepal is a multi-ethnic, multi-religious, multi-lingual, and multi-cultural country. It is also famous as the Gurkha land all over the globe.
Gautam Buddha, the founder of Buddhism was born in Lumbini in southern Nepal. Parts of northern Nepal were intertwined with the culture of Tibet. The centrally located capital city Kathmandu Valley is intertwined with the culture of Indo-Aryans and was the seat of the prosperous Newar Confederacy known as Nepal Mandala. The beautiful city of Kathmandu is famous for different art and architecture. The temple of Pashupatinath in the middle of Kathmandu Valley is famous for the holy pilgrimage across the world. Hinduism is a major religion in the country and numerous Hindu temples are located in different mountain parts. Pashupatinath in Kathmandu, Muktinath in Mustang, Sorgadyari in Dang, Pathivara in Taplejung, and Manakamana in Gorkha, are very famous for Hindu Pilgrimage. Nepal was the World's last Hindu monarchy which ended in 2008.
Nepal is symbolized as a mountainous country as many highest mountains, are snowy and the vegetation are coniferous which is unlike other part of the Globe. In the World the biodiversity of the Himalayas is famous. Every year millions of tourists from all over the globe visit this beautiful country. Nepal has many high hills and a flat Terai, with a very warm and humid tropical climate. This high hill and hilly landscape have attracted adventure-seeking travelers for many years. These travelers come to Nepal for Mountaineering, climbing, Trekking, Hiking, and to spend their holiday in the peaceful tea house at the bottom of the Mountain. Tourists also visit this beautiful country for Mountain Biking, Sightseeing, paragliding, Bungey, Rafting, and other breathtaking adventures.
Biodiversity in Nepal contains varieties of flora, fauna, and wildlife. It is rich in culture, art, and history which attracts millions of visitors every year. In Nepal, you can see various religious co-existing harmony among a multi-ethnic group from different religious backgrounds.
- There are a number of UNESCO Heritage sites and mesmerizing scenery you could ever feast your eyes on bringing people flocking, to the warm and welcoming republic of Nepal.
- Nepal has the top trekking routes on the earth, unlike other countries.
- Nepal is the richest country in terms of Bio-Diversity.
- Nepal is the Second richest country after Brazil in terms of fresh water.
- Nepal occupies 0.1 percent of the earth.
- Nepa is home to 2 percent of all flowering plants,4 percent of mammals, and 600 indigenous plant families.
- More Than 848 species of birds are found in Nepal so, Nepal is one of the best destinations for bird-watching tours in the World.
- Nepal has 11 of the World's 15 families of Butterflies and 319 species of exotic Orchids.
- Gautam Buddha Founder of Buddhist Philosophy was born in Nepal.
- Nepal Can be visited all around the year as all four seasons are favorable for Tour, and Hike.
- Winter-Dec to Feb: It is a bit difficult for trekkers to make high passes because of the snow on the mountaintop. But in the lowlands and around green hills many trekkers enjoy hiking.
- Spring -March to May: This is the suitable season to visit the country as the weather is a little hot on low land and normal in higher mountains. This flowering season is nice to trek as one can witness numerous, colorful flowers around the mountain.
- Summer-Jun to Aug: It is the rainy season as the trek can be a little difficult with rain and flooding but the best season for waterfalls and `the greenery of the mountain.
- Autom-Sep to Nov: This is the best season to visit Nepal as the weather is most appropriate to trek and beautiful mountains are seen in this season.